Vehicle Fleet maintenance Software is an ideal solution for tracking the maintenance of the vehicle fleet. Different cars or trucks may approach different maintenance dates, depending on their lifespan and the amount of wear and tear they may have suffered. It makes the work of tracking convenient by giving organizing, preventive, and maintenance information of your fleet. This software can benefit organizations in a wide variety of industries with any size of fleets, no matter how big or small it is. A good understanding of the benefits will allow you to make informed decisions as to whether this software is a wise investment for your organization.
1.Robust fuel tracking – One of the highest operational costs of the fleet is the fuel. Monitor the fuel efficiency of your fleet over time and prepare a fuel module for fleet maintenance software. A fuel module will allow you to enter fueling transactions manually. Additionally, you can import data from external fueling systems and store fluids in inventory.
2. Easy to incorporate new trucks into your fleet – For any new vehicle, the existing maintenance schedule of the fleet can be copied and applied. This task will ultimately help in reducing the time required to include a new car or truck in your fleet maintenance software. When the new car detail is entered into the system, there will be details about its different parts’ maintenance schedules. The solution will automatically remind you at the right time when such maintenance is due.
3. Real-time access to data – The maintenance software gives real-time access to up-to-data on the fleet. To maintain the task, increase accountability, and to stay connected to the data, it will allow the management team to make necessary arrangements. Imagine if a fleet owner comes to know very late about a tire not performing the job well? Since the truck is plying on the road, he cannot carry out immediate remedial measures to counter this. Also, since the tire is old, it can be life-threatening for the driver plying the vehicle. When a fleet maintenance software alerts the fleet owners on time manner, the alert helps to prevent dangerous mishaps. It also helps to keep the cost of repairs low. As a result of this feature, the fleet owner can act proactively rather than work reactively.
4. Maintains warranty data – Warranties extend beyond the vehicles and include their spare parts as well. The truth is every spare part has some warranties associated with it. It can be tough to maintain so many warranties without vehicle fleet maintenance software. Apart from data collection, the software can be automatically programmed to notify a particular stakeholder that the warranty is expired or nearing the expiration.
5. Maintenance log – If there is an untimely breakdown of the equipment in your organization’s fleet, the information in the vehicle maintenance log can be a priceless resource. To understand the current status of vehicle aspects in full details, it will help the maintenance technician or the outside mechanic. This feature will reduce the downtime of the vehicle and also increase the efficiency in making the repairs.
6. Automated scheduling – Vehicle fleet maintenance software allows the organization to schedule automatic maintenance tasks in advanced and according to the requirements of the business. The solution’s scheduling capacity enables the company to reduce the inconvenience of downtime for a vehicle. This software ensures that on-time preventative maintenance is performed by keeping your cars or trucks in top operating conditions and reduces unexpected repairs.
Vehicle fleet maintenance softaware can be a turning point for any fleet organization that requires maintenance. So these were some of the benefits of fleet maintenance software.